Distinctive herbaceous, minerally aromas with gooseberries & rhubarb flavours. Well rounded off with a clean, crisp finish & tongue-tingling acidity.
The Gueneau family run this small estate in the heart of Sancerre producing exemplary white and rosé wines of great clarity and typicity. Their estate is comprised of 16 hectares of AOC vineyards planted on the steep slopes that surround the villages of Sury-en-Vaux, Chavignol and Sancerre. 80% of their vines are planted in the calcareous clay soils known locally as “terres blanches”, which gives the wine its body, richness and complexity. The remaining 20% are planted in “caillottes” also referred to as “griottes”, stony soils that lend lovely fruity notes to the wine.
They do everything they can to take an environmentally responsible approach in preserving their unique terroir
Delicious as an aperitif! The white Sancerre goes beautifully with seafood and shellfish. But the best match is surely with the local goat cheese “crottin de Chavignol”!
– Gold medal at the Concours des Ligers in Angers, February 2013
Out of stock
Mon-Fri: 7:30 – 22:00
Sat: 9:00 – 22:00
Sun: 9:00 – 22:00
Alcohol served from
10:30am Mon-Sat & Bank Hols
117 Philipsburgh Avenue,
Call: (01) 837 2857
We are constantly adding to our online store so check back soon or email us at email@example.com Dismiss